“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
How is your New Year Resolution to get healthy Going?
Getting Started is the number one reason people complain about why they cannot start their healthy lifestyle Journey. Just the ability to start makes people not to start.
Starting a new healthy habit can seem daunting. Where do you start? What should you focus your efforts on? I too have struggled with the same excuse years ago. I started resolving this problem first by deciding that I will call my plans New Year Commitment instead of resolutions, that way even when I mess up, I remember the commitment I made to myself and get up and get back to it.
Today I am happy to share five simple steps that have helped me the past few years to start back on my healthy lifestyle after over indulging during the holidays. Start with these five tips for healthy habits:
1. Read food labels. Don’t get bogged down trying to understand every single ingredient. Instead, focus on avoiding high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils and artificial colors. If any of these are on the label, look for a healthier option.
2. Quality is more important than quantity. Rather than counting calories, fat, etc. and worrying about how much you’re eating, focus on eating quality foods that are grown, not manufactured. These foods are naturally high in fiber and protein and are low in sugar and hydrogenated oils. Think Traffic Light Eating!
3. Eat mindfully. Don’t turn on the TV when you sit down to eat, and try to avoid eating in the car. Use meal time as a way to connect with your family and focus on the food rather than eating with other distractions like TV, computers and phones.
4. Stay hydrated. Begin your day with a tall drink of water. Try to avoid sweetened or artificially colored drinks and opt for water instead.
5. Get a buddy. Starting healthy habits (and keeping them!) is easier when you have a partner to share the journey with you. Enlist the support of a friend or family member for added accountability. Or, you can work with me!
Be realistic. As the saying goes, “Rome wasn’t built in a day!” Start with a few changes at first and gradually incorporate more healthy habits over time.
Book a free 15 minutes consultation at email@example.com to learn how a health coach can help you stay committed to your goals, so you can feel better, look younger and live younger.
Click below to join our email list to stay updated on simple solutions to make you life healthier.